Re: Temari

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8 9:33 AM
      > Can you help? Do you, or someone you know, have literary, artistic or (the dream) archeological evidence for temari before 1600?

      Try searching on "kemari."
      http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/kemari.html has some information on this period football game and an image of a game ball, which, as you can see, is very plain.

      I have a feeling that the decorative form you're interested in is yet another art form that developed during the Edo period.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8 2:38 PM

        Greetings from Solveig! While hardly authoritative, the following web
        page does claim that temari made from silk originated in the
        Muromachi period while those made from cotton originated in the Edo
        period.

        http://hanatemari.web.fc2.com/page009.html