Sando gasa photos

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2010
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, coyote Silverpaw <ancientone@...> wrote:
      > That would be immensely helpful!
      > As photos online are very limited...

      I've uploaded them to my Flickr account because you can enlarge the view much more than you can in our YahooGroups photo albums. (Click on the magnifying glass for "All Sizes" at the top of the photo to do so.) You may have to cut/paste the URL if YahooGroups drops part of it.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4404906427/

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4405670252/

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4405671448/

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4404909787/

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4405673560/

      This is the sando gasa I bought several years ago from Bokunan-do. You can see that it has a definite radial structure. The original atadamai was also straw. (I cannot be certain if it is rice straw or bamboo. The site refers to them as "rush hats.") I replaced it last summer with the fabric pad and rolled fabric atadamai last summer after a blow-out. What you can't see is that there is a flat plastic ring attached to the center of the hat. That's what I've sewn the harness to.

      If you manage to come up with a fabrication method, I do hope you'll share!