Re: Women's Hats (again)

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2010
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "booknerd9" <Booknerd9@...> wrote:

      > Anyone have any thoughts about how to create this headgear? I've just been winging it by just wearing a white kerchief in the Western style but if I can wear a better "hat"...

      http://vixenvintage.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-tie-40s-headscarf.html shows how to do a basic "Rosie the Riveter" tie with the knot at the crown of the head and it's quite easy to do (if you have long hair, pin it up first). To replicate the look of the katsura-me on the KCM site, I would simply suggest you use a much larger square of fabric.

    • booknerd9
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19, 2010
        Cute! Thanks! To the fabric store!... *woosh*