Re: Choosing a name

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2010
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "josta7" <grizzy7@...> wrote:

      > Haikei! I am sad to see that the hiragana and kanji didn't translate well over the email. /sigh/

      It's possible Yahoogroups can't handle it.

      > I'm told if I don't have a name chosen by the time I present myself, I'm in danger of possibly having one assigned to me. E!

      Don't you believe it. Don't let anyone bulldoze you into rushing or getting stuck with something you do not absolutely love. If necessary, go politely and selectively deaf when someone addresses you by something you do not care to answer to. ;-D

      I don't know how much you know about Japan before 1600, but having an idea of time period and social class will help when it comes to researching names. Is there anything in particular that attracts you? Clothing styles? Literature? Fighting?

      In the meantime, this link is a good place to start:
      http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/miscellany.html