Re: [SCA-JML] Re: what do u do when your freezing?

  • Jeanel Walker
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2010
      well I know I was fine in my 7 layered court dress one day in April till everyone keep saying "man you got to be hot in that"  I lasted almost all day then got too hot. I still think it was cause everyone keep saying it...but its a different matter when you are cold. Its harder to ignore.

      Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takinaga" of Kisimull

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 7, 2010
        Multiple layers of silk can be great insulation, hot or cold!

        Fleece has been on sale recently and I'm trying to go all Japanese at Gulf Wars, so I'm thinking of making a polarfleece layer for the chilly nights. Maybe a mid-thigh kosode that won't necessarily show but will add a little easy insulation.

        I've also seen head scarves about the size of a modern tenugui, but not in any period sources so far. (It was the anime Mushi-shi, which is not even a historical drama but uses a lot of "old-timey" set dressing. It's at least a sense of what modern Japan thinks is traditional, but I certainly can't defend it beyond that!)

        ERIN