Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese instruments

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2010

      Greetings from Solveig! I have two woodblock print books consisting
      of pictures of musical instruments. I suppose that I can scan in
      images of whatever instrument people are interested in. I them
      because of my own fantasies about making a sho. I have seen someone
      whack out a serviceable shakuhachi in a few minutes. A regular
      festival flute is more involved. Stringed instruments are challenging
      to make. I once tried to make a sitar substitute. I know someone who
      has made a number of successful taiko who was not able to make a
      serviceable kotsutsumi (hand drum).