] Re: Japanese Instruments

  • Adam MacDonald
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2010
      Greetings from the token Turk!

      Luthiery is one of my interests, and I am more than happy to share this
      link - I have been on this forum since pretty near its inception in the mid
      90s. There is an active discussion forum, and more importantly, a list of
      links on nearly anytype of instrument imaginable...

      www.mimf.com

      The Musical Instrument Maker's Forum.

      Great resource.

      Building instrument isn't like knocking together a simple box - especially
      when dealing with string instruments. The amount of stress can be
      surprisingly high, and failures can be... umm, spectacular. And educational.

      I would highly encourage you to explore this - with a minmum of handtools,
      you can easily START down a wonderful path - there is something very special
      about making music with an instrument you've built yourself.

      Regards,

      Iskander Gürücü,

      Caid