Re: Question: Heian Feminine Names

  • booknerd9
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 19, 2010
      Thank you very much. Hopefully this information can help other people on the forum!
    • James Eckman
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 20, 2010
        > Posted by: "Solveig Throndardottir"
        >
        > Noble Cousin!
        >
        > Greetings from Solveig!
        >

        >> Also, as for the book, it is in a local university library but I
        >> don't think they let non-students/faculity use the library (i.e.
        >> look at a book)... I know some Japanese from college... how much
        >> does one need to know (i.e are the names listed or are they tucked
        >> into paragraphs?)
        >>

        > It largely depends on how they control their stacks. Asking is the
        > only way to find out.
        Also check if they have a website, you can often find out this and other
        information there. It's also possible that they may sell library cards,
        if it's local enough for you to visit often, this may be an option.

        Jim
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 20, 2010

          > Also check if they have a website, you can often find out this and
          > other
          > information there. It's also possible that they may sell library
          > cards,
          > if it's local enough for you to visit often, this may be an option.
          These are excellent points. I have gotten access to the Harvard Yen-
          Ching Library by filling out a form at circulation. This allows me to
          freely roam their stacks and read books inside the library. Cornell
          University's library sells library privileges for $20.00 a month
          which allows you to check books out of the library. I currently have
          20 of their books sitting in a box near me.