RE: [SCA-JML] Tessenjutsu BAH! HUMBUG!

  • Brian Dean
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 11, 2010
      I have that book, and while some info is reliable in there,, some is total hogwash... some sections gave me a good laugh.

      Hirotora

      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      From: brytephyre@...
      Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:13:08 -0800
      Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] Tessenjutsu BAH! HUMBUG!

      "claims that unarmed adepts can kill armed opponents simply by

      yelling at them. Stuff and nonsense."

      I suppose that would depend on how bad there breath is

      mmmm. did i say that out loud?

      sorry domo domo

      I could not help myself

      Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takinaga" of Kisimull

      From: Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...>

      Subject: [SCA-JML] Tessenjutsu BAH! HUMBUG!

      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Monday, January 11, 2010, 10:00 PM

      Noble Cousin!

      Greetings from Solveig! "Secrets of the Samurai" is the only "source"

      for documenting "tessenjutsu" of which I am aware. This book is not a

      reliable source. "Tessenjutsu" does not appear as an entry in my

      large economy size J-J dictionary. As for "Secrets of the Samurai",

      it also claims that unarmed adepts can kill armed opponents simply by

      yelling at them. Stuff and nonsense.

    • William Giltner
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 12, 2010
        Oh My
           I suppose next you'll claim Tengu dont exist....
          Or teach swordsmanship....

                                                                                               ;o)

        William S. Giltner

        Lrd Tatsuo Okami

        Iron River Armoury

        www.iron-river-armoury.com

      • sekinakagawa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 15, 2010
          That's nice!

          but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

          In a message dated 1/10/2010 10:12:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          wodeford@... writes:

          The green silk is courtesy of the generosity of Ii Saburou Katsumori and
          Abe Akirakeiko. The motif was inspired by a tsuba by Hayashi Matashichi that
          was part of the Lords of the Samurai exhibit at San Francisco's Asian Art
          Museum this summer.
          _http://www.miho.http://www.mhttp://www.mhttp://wwwhtt_
          (http://www.miho.or.jp/booth/html/artcon/00003274e.htm)

          The white sayagata silk was purchased on eBay some time back and hand dyed
          at home with Jacquard Acid Dye #606 Deep Orange. The dye wicked somewhat
          unevenly during the drying process, so it's not perfect, but I'm still
          fairly pleased with the result.

          _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
          (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4262000508/)

          _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
          (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4261247335/)

          _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
          (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4236311898/)

          _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
          (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4204315971/)

          Please ignore the immodest lack of under kosode that was the result of a
          shiftless retainer having forgotten to pack it. Fortunately, these odd
          barbarians among whom I must travel did not know the difference.