Re: [SCA-JML] Tessenjutsu BAH! HUMBUG!

  • Jeanel Walker
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 11, 2010
      "claims that unarmed adepts can kill armed opponents simply by

      yelling at them. Stuff and nonsense."

      I suppose that would depend on how bad there breath is
      mmmm. did i say that out loud?
      sorry domo domo
      I could not help myself
      Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takinaga" of Kisimull

      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 11, 2010
        On Jan 11, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Solveig Throndardottir wrote:

        > Baron Edward!
        >
        > Greetings from Solveig!
        > > The book's most valuable aspect is its ability to prop up an uneven
        > > table leg.
        >
        > I believe that it's also reasonably good for starting fires and as
        > nesting material for mice.

        It is, indeed. Also, if one has parrots....

        Effingham
      • Brian Dean
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 11, 2010
          I have that book, and while some info is reliable in there,, some is total hogwash... some sections gave me a good laugh.

          Hirotora

          To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com

          From: Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...>

          To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 12, 2010
            Oh My
               I suppose next you'll claim Tengu dont exist....
              Or teach swordsmanship....

                                                                                                   ;o)

            William S. Giltner

            Lrd Tatsuo Okami

            Iron River Armoury

            www.iron-river-armoury.com

          • sekinakagawa@aol.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 15, 2010
              That's nice!

              but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

              In a message dated 1/10/2010 10:12:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
              wodeford@... writes:

              The green silk is courtesy of the generosity of Ii Saburou Katsumori and
              Abe Akirakeiko. The motif was inspired by a tsuba by Hayashi Matashichi that
              was part of the Lords of the Samurai exhibit at San Francisco's Asian Art
              Museum this summer.
              _http://www.miho.http://www.mhttp://www.mhttp://wwwhtt_
              (http://www.miho.or.jp/booth/html/artcon/00003274e.htm)

              The white sayagata silk was purchased on eBay some time back and hand dyed
              at home with Jacquard Acid Dye #606 Deep Orange. The dye wicked somewhat
              unevenly during the drying process, so it's not perfect, but I'm still
              fairly pleased with the result.

              _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
              (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4262000508/)

              _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
              (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4261247335/)

              _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
              (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4236311898/)

              _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
              (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4204315971/)

              Please ignore the immodest lack of under kosode that was the result of a
              shiftless retainer having forgotten to pack it. Fortunately, these odd
              barbarians among whom I must travel did not know the difference.