Tessenjutsu BAH! HUMBUG!

    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 11, 2010

      Greetings from Solveig! "Secrets of the Samurai" is the only "source"
      for documenting "tessenjutsu" of which I am aware. This book is not a
      reliable source. "Tessenjutsu" does not appear as an entry in my
      large economy size J-J dictionary. As for "Secrets of the Samurai",
      it also claims that unarmed adepts can kill armed opponents simply by
      yelling at them. Stuff and nonsense.

      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 11, 2010
        Baron Edward!

        Greetings from Solveig!
        > The book's most valuable aspect is its ability to prop up an uneven
        > table leg.
        I believe that it's also reasonably good for starting fires and as
        nesting material for mice.

      • Jeanel Walker
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 11, 2010
          "claims that unarmed adepts can kill armed opponents simply by

          yelling at them. Stuff and nonsense."

          I suppose that would depend on how bad there breath is
          mmmm. did i say that out loud?
          sorry domo domo
          I could not help myself
          Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takinaga" of Kisimull

          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 11, 2010
            On Jan 11, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Solveig Throndardottir wrote:

            > Baron Edward!
            >
            > Greetings from Solveig!
            > > The book's most valuable aspect is its ability to prop up an uneven
            > > table leg.
            >
            > I believe that it's also reasonably good for starting fires and as
            > nesting material for mice.

            It is, indeed. Also, if one has parrots....

            Effingham
          • Brian Dean
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 11, 2010
              I have that book, and while some info is reliable in there,, some is total hogwash... some sections gave me a good laugh.

              Hirotora

              To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com

              From: Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...>

              To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 12, 2010
                Oh My
                   I suppose next you'll claim Tengu dont exist....
                  Or teach swordsmanship....

                                                                                                       ;o)

                William S. Giltner

                Lrd Tatsuo Okami

                Iron River Armoury

                www.iron-river-armoury.com

              • sekinakagawa@aol.com
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 15, 2010
                  That's nice!

                  but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

                  In a message dated 1/10/2010 10:12:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                  wodeford@... writes:

                  The green silk is courtesy of the generosity of Ii Saburou Katsumori and
                  Abe Akirakeiko. The motif was inspired by a tsuba by Hayashi Matashichi that
                  was part of the Lords of the Samurai exhibit at San Francisco's Asian Art
                  Museum this summer.
                  _http://www.miho.http://www.mhttp://www.mhttp://wwwhtt_
                  (http://www.miho.or.jp/booth/html/artcon/00003274e.htm)

                  The white sayagata silk was purchased on eBay some time back and hand dyed
                  at home with Jacquard Acid Dye #606 Deep Orange. The dye wicked somewhat
                  unevenly during the drying process, so it's not perfect, but I'm still
                  fairly pleased with the result.

                  _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
                  (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4262000508/)

                  _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
                  (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4261247335/)

                  _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
                  (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4236311898/)

                  _http://www.flickr.http://www.http://wwhttp://www.flic_
                  (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/4204315971/)

                  Please ignore the immodest lack of under kosode that was the result of a
                  shiftless retainer having forgotten to pack it. Fortunately, these odd
                  barbarians among whom I must travel did not know the difference.