Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Need japanese armor for scene in short film

  • Audrey Bergeron-Morin
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 10, 2009

      > I would specifically recommend hitting up folks in Yamakaminari, as I
      > believe they are one of the largest groups up your way.

      You might have more succes with LARPers than SCA members, and they might
      have interesting weapons also. I have absolutely no knowledge of the LARP
      scene in your area though...

    • Captain Zorikh
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 13, 2010
        HI Folks. After all the advice I got from this and other message boards, I was unable to borrow more than a pair of helmets from Sir Tanaka (SCA) in NJ, so I got a plastic barrel, found some patterns at http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/katchu.html and http://www.yamakaminari.com/ and recruited help from SCAdians who wanted to build their own Japanese armor. We built a couple of very basic cuirasses with shoulders and with the helmets and judo gis, had exactly the effect we were going for in the movie.

        The guys who helped build the armor got to keep it when we were done.

        I'll be sure to let you know when we screen it.

        Thanks!

        Captain Zorikh
        http://www.captainzorikh.com
      • JL Badgley
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 13, 2010
          Great to hear! I wish we'd been able to help you more directly, but
          I'm glad you got stuff working :)

          -Ii