Random Historical Info, Fact or Fiction?

  • Bryant Richards
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2009
      As some of you may already know I work for kgb_ AKA 542542, you know you text them a question and they text back an answer. Well anyway tonight I got a question about Zildjian Cymbals, upon researching the question I ran across this:

      "It was in the Ottoman Empire, in the year
      1623, when an alchemist named Avedis Zildjian first discovered a method
      of fusing copper, tin and silver to create unique musical instruments.
      From that day to the present day, the Zildjian mystique has captivated
      musicians and music lovers alike. The secret method for blending metals
      survives to carry the celebrated “Zildjian Sound" into the present day
      and beyond."

      I know this isn't exactly our area but I was curious to see if anyone else knew about this? If this is period I might add crash cymbals to my Taiko drums! lol kidding!

      In Honor and Service,
      Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu
      House Chiburi