Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Tori as a name...

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 14, 2009

      > Another name element I like is eight, hachi, since it does seem to
      > be a lucky number for me. I think it's used today in female given
      > names. Was it used in names in period, and in what form (hachi,
      > hatsu, yachi, etc...)?
      I'll take a look in Nihon Joseimei when I get back to my apartment.
      But, I'm not going to hold out a lot of hope as birth ordinal names
      are more of a guy thing.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 14, 2009

        Greetings from Solveig! Apparently Sesame Street just celebrated
        forty years. Google had special home pages for a bout a week in both
        their USA and Japanese incarnations.

      • Ciepher
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009
          Thank you very much!
          I don't have access to anything like that, so I'm relying on the internet and helpful people!
          I'm looking forward to what you find, thank you.

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009

            Greetings from Solveig! How about Tori'i 鳥井 ?? It is a real
            toponymic Japanese name.