Event Looking for a Site

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2009
      Noble Cousins!

      Greetings from Solveig! Yes, this continues to be an odd way to plan
      an event. But, here is what we are looking for. The site should be
      within one or two hours of Syracuse, New York. Ideally, it should
      have a commercial kitchen with LOTS repeat LOTS of counter space. It
      should also ideally have wrestling mats available. It would also be
      nice to have a couple of rooms suitable for classrooms. The site need
      not be large. This will not be a large event. However, it would be
      absolutely wonderful if there were a cherry tree or other fruit
      bearing tree garden nearby. Actually, any sort of botanical garden
      with windy paths would be wonderful. As with all events, we need to
      find an economical site. The general time frame is late-May early-
      June. That should clear conflict with the Japanese events in BMDL and
      the East Kingdom. Anyway, if you know about possible sites, please,
      please, please tell me about them. Thank you very very much in advance.

      One of the event boosters is suggesting that the event might start
      later than usual with the site possibly opening as late as noon or
      even 1:00 PM. What do people think? Dinner is the main attraction or
      at least the central focus of the event. Incidentally, banquets
      really were a big deal in Japanese political life.

      What sort of activities might happen during the daytime? I am still
      hoping for a sumo tournament. Also, a poetry party might be really
      great. One of the boosters is rooting for calligraphy. Calligraphy is
      appropriate pretty much all year. If we perform a chaji with tea
      following the banquet, do you suppose people would be up for a
      quickie 30 minute introduction to how to be a guest sometime before
      dinner? While I think that some sort of schola would be a great way
      to occupy the afternoon while dinner is being prepared, I am eager
      for any and all suggestions at this point.

      Thank you all very very much!

    • Loujaue McPherson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2009
        I have ideas on places but all are here in Pittsburgh.