Re: Armor Lacing

  • Ward
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 2, 2009
      i used paracord.

      550 paracord.

      pull the inner strands out if you want it flat.
      leave it with strands for the tough stuff.

      ebay .
      lots of colors.
      lots.
    • John Lyon
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 3, 2009
        I've had fantastic luck with just the Shoelaces from Shoelacesforless. I was
        able to buy large amounts, of long laces. My Do is made of the Effingham
        Kozane, so LOTS of lacing. I'm a big guy, and I think I ended up spending
        $100-150 on shoe laces. They were great because they were nylon and I could
        fuse the ends as I worked which was a great help. Having Nubs was also very
        helpful for the lacing process. If your armor is going to be made of
        plastic, the Shoelaces are going to be plenty tough for your application. If
        your Do is going to be made of steel, you might just be SOL. My first set
        was a sparse-laced 16G steel set. I used hockey lacing. Steel cut through
        them quickly, and anything else I tried to use to replace it. With the
        plastic I've been fighting for years and the only problem is that the lacing
        has gotten stained from sweat and dirt. When you order from Lacesforless,
        they will ask if you want it bundled or loose, get bundled. Then they tie
        them together in pairs for you. If you get it loose then you just get this
        big box of loose strings. Less fun than you might imagine, especially if you
        are doing a lot of lacing.

        --
        "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I
        things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I

        John Lyon
        aka The Ugly Dragon
        aka Kita Jiru Toramassa