Re: feasting knife

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 8, 2009
      > Posted by: "Mori Michimori"

      > This thread set me off to Google search. An early hit was Japan
      > Woodworker. <http://www.japanwoodworker.com/dept.asp?
      > dept_id=13150&s=JapanWoodworker> There is some beautiful stuff here,
      > but judging by the prices on some of the vegetable knives, they must
      > be made by Living National Treasures, using the full ritual!
      Yes, Japan Woodworker in the tradition of Garrett Wade creates some of
      the finest tool porn ;) They do have stuff sane mortals can purchase
      though in addition to the mystical chisels formed by the soul of the
      samurai. I like their Ryoba saws with the replaceable blades, great for
      working in softwoods and the ones that are "blue hard" stay sharp for
      years. Note that mere mortals cannot sharpen Japanese saws (not a joke),
      the angles are much more difficult that western saws, so if your not
      local, buy a spare blade.

      Jim