Re: [SCA-JML] shamisen update

  • onewringgold@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24 2:10 PM
      Just wanted to let you all know my shamisen finally arrived today, and I am so excited. I won't get much time to play with it this weekend as I have an SCA event in Eisental, and I'll be in Landsknecht mode (incidentally if any of you are in Northeastern PA and have nothing to do this weekend you're more than welcome to drop by the Ukranian Homestead and join us). I did manage to find a website that had western notation arrangements of some Japanese folk tunes that Puccini used for Madame Butterfly. Granted these were published in the 1860's and are post-period by a longshot, but I thought it might be a good place to start at least learning the instrument as I continue my search for period music. Thanks again to Solveig and others who have suggested resources for me. Wish me luck, and I'll keep you posted on how my adventures with the shamisen progress.
      Aoyama Narime