Re: New all the way around

  • valgard123
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 12, 2009
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "loujaue" <loujaue@...> wrote:
      > Hello everyone. I am also new to the SCA and when they mentioned Samurai I heard my calling.
      > I have been working on a lot of things since then and I have put together I think a good name. I would like your input and feedback.
      > Yamamoto no Sadataro Hikaru
      > I am also working on armor. Im thinking mostly black with silver and red accents. Hows that?
      > I am also a member of the 501st for those of you that know what that is. LFL has black Samurai armor ok display on different web sites. Looks like that was where they got the concept for the big man in black. Is that a good model to work from?

      Greetings fellow 501st member! I'm with Rancor Raiders Outpost in Mississippi. I've been out of the SCA for about 4 years but decided to get involved again about a month or two ago. I had a lot of fun doing Norse crafts etc., but have enjoyed entering new territory making Japanese stuff.

      I've been lurking here and other sites for quite a while and it's a great resource with lots of helpful people. As far as color and design, if you have some historical reference for it, it should be fine. Armor can have a lot looser interpretation than is allowed in the 501st.

      Good luck with your armor!
      Brad Abel