Rice Braid: Some Pricing Info

  • kegage
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2009
      I just talked to Rice Braid about pricing for the braid I want to order for the armor I am making. As far as I know, I only need two different widths of braid for my armour, so, those are the widths I have information for. Their stock roll is 144yds. They are willing to sell partial rolls if they have them, and are willing to accomodate you if they can, but there is no guarantee.

      I can easily see this being a excellent source for those doing kebiki odoshi, or several people getting the same colors and widths for matching armours, kebiki or sugake odoshi.

      Here goes:
      Both are Plain Flat Braid

      Textured Polyester:
      3/8"- 73.50 per roll.
      3/4"- 133.30 per roll

      Nylon
      3/8"- 111.85 per roll
      3/4"- 142.40 per roll

      The lady I talked to (Jennifer Ludmar) was very nice and commented the they had filled quite a few orders for braid for Japanese armour, and are becoming quite familar with the particular needs of people making armour.

      Hope this helps.

      Uilleam