Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese Scrolls

  • onewringgold@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 6, 2009
      I don't know if this helps in the discussion at all, but I just wanted to share what I received when I was given my AoA (as Kajiyama Shinobu). The scroll with the wording that was read by the herald was done in a western style. As an additional companion piece, the person who did the scroll also did a sumi-e painting for me of a Buddhist nun (at the time that is what my persona was). It fit for me personally because at the time I was just beginning the development of my Landsknecht persona, so I had both the Japanese and Western personas (as quite a few of us do). It was meaningful for me to know that the scribe had not only done a beautiful job on the Western-style scroll, which took time and effort, but that she also took extra time to create the additional Japanese-style piece for me. Again, I don't know if this helps the discussion, but just thought I'd share.
      Aoyama Narime
    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 7, 2009

        The large character is "Love," the characters at the right spell out my name in kanji, Saionji Hanae. The date (2009) and Richard's chop are at the bottom left.

        A treasure for a treasure. Congratulations! Ki no Izumi