Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Scrolls

    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 1, 2009
      Saionji hime!

      Greetings from Solveig!
      > Interkingdom Anthropology moment: In some kingdoms, they don't read
      > from the scroll at all, they read a one-litany-fits-all from a
      > Ceremony Book: to the degree that the populace can identify what
      > the recipient has been called up for in five words or less. http://
      > heralds.westkingdom.org/Ceremony/index.htm
      I just read the section on creating laurels, and the West Kingdom
      book of ceremony specifically mentions the possibility of reading
      from a scroll. The text in the book of ceremony states that it is to
      be used when a scroll is not available. Some kingdoms are much more
      proactive than other kingdoms are in producing scrolls in advance of
      awards being given. Interestingly enough, the West Kingdom book of
      ceremony provides for four different formats at least one of which I
      have no recollection of ever seeing performed in an Eastern-Rite
      kingdom. This is the seek out the candidate technique. I'm also
      pretty certain that the king informing the order format is rare in
      Eastern-Rite kingdoms.

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 7, 2009

        The large character is "Love," the characters at the right spell out my name in kanji, Saionji Hanae. The date (2009) and Richard's chop are at the bottom left.

        A treasure for a treasure. Congratulations! Ki no Izumi