Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Scrolls

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 1, 2009
      On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:06 AM, wodeford<wodeford@...> wrote:
      > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote:
      >> Western European heralds should also be reading from the scroll.
      >
      > Interkingdom Anthropology moment: In some kingdoms, they don't read from the scroll at all, they read a one-litany-fits-all from a Ceremony Book: to the degree that the populace can identify what the recipient has been called up for in five words or less.  http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Ceremony/index.htm

      I really need to (re-)learn all of my West traditions. I *did* start
      in Oertha, but I've been in Atlantia for so long you forget how things
      are done elsewhere. :)

      -Ii
    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 7, 2009

        The large character is "Love," the characters at the right spell out my name in kanji, Saionji Hanae. The date (2009) and Richard's chop are at the bottom left.

        A treasure for a treasure. Congratulations! Ki no Izumi