Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Scrolls

    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 1, 2009
      Ii dono!

      Greetings from Solveig!
      > Then again, neither were pretty pictures on most scrolls. People
      > rarely cared about the C&I, and more about the actual legal effects.
      While some famous documents lacked illumination, many legal documents
      during the European middle ages and renaissance actually did have
      pictures on them. Check out the many documents at the Krimminal
      Museum in Germany. Also, a Portugese viceregal charter (if I recall
      the document correctly) covering East Asia.

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 7, 2009

        The large character is "Love," the characters at the right spell out my name in kanji, Saionji Hanae. The date (2009) and Richard's chop are at the bottom left.

        A treasure for a treasure. Congratulations! Ki no Izumi