Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Scrolls

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 1, 2009
      > Western European heralds should also be reading from the scroll.
      > Supposably, the white baton carried by European heralds were used to
      > support longer scrolls as a sort of mechanical tele-prompter.
      > Historically, "winging it" just wasn't a major part of the job
      > description.

      Then again, neither were pretty pictures on most scrolls. People
      rarely cared about the C&I, and more about the actual legal effects.

      -Ii
    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 7, 2009

        The large character is "Love," the characters at the right spell out my name in kanji, Saionji Hanae. The date (2009) and Richard's chop are at the bottom left.

        A treasure for a treasure. Congratulations! Ki no Izumi