Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Scrolls

    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 1, 2009
      Ii dono!

      Greetings from Solveig!
      > I'm discussing how to make scrolls for SCA heralds (with no Japanese
      > experience) to read them. You are discussing how heralds should read
      > in a Japanese manner. The two are separate, and I guess we are just
      > talking past each other.
      Western European heralds should also be reading from the scroll.
      Supposably, the white baton carried by European heralds were used to
      support longer scrolls as a sort of mechanical tele-prompter.
      Historically, "winging it" just wasn't a major part of the job
      description.

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 7, 2009

        The large character is "Love," the characters at the right spell out my name in kanji, Saionji Hanae. The date (2009) and Richard's chop are at the bottom left.

        A treasure for a treasure. Congratulations! Ki no Izumi