Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Scrolls

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 1, 2009
      On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Solveig Throndardottir<nostrand@...> wrote:

      > Greetings from Solveig!
      >> So reading /your/ words is important?
      > I know people who have gotten awards, in one case a Laurel, for their
      > scroll wording.

      But why do you need someone to be reading the wording in front of people?

      > Haven't you watched the award presentation ceremonies at the end of
      > the fifteenth day of a sumo tournament? Or the various presentations
      > of orders in jidaigeki? I thought we were discussing how to do things
      > in a more Japanese manner.

      I'm discussing how to make scrolls for SCA heralds (with no Japanese
      experience) to read them. You are discussing how heralds should read
      in a Japanese manner. The two are separate, and I guess we are just
      talking past each other.
    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 7, 2009

        The large character is "Love," the characters at the right spell out my name in kanji, Saionji Hanae. The date (2009) and Richard's chop are at the bottom left.

        A treasure for a treasure. Congratulations! Ki no Izumi