Re: [SCA-JML] Garb help--kosode lining question

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2009
      On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 7:49 AM, onewringgold@...
      <onewringgold@...> wrote:

      > Just wondering, for Kamakura/Momoyama period, are kosode usually lined or unlined (usually the innermost layer is unlined, correct?)?  Does it depend on the season (lined in colder months, unlined in warmer)?
      > Thanks,
      > Aoyama Narime (Jenn Oaks)

      The general rule of thumb seems to be "lined for winter/unlined for
      summer". That said, kosode were often layered one on top of another,
      so unless you have soemthing that needs a lining, I'd just go for
      layers. Three to four unlined kosode under something like an
      uchikake, in my opinion, looks much more sumptuous than two lined
      kosode.