Japanese Scrolls

  • Leonard, Elizabeth A. @ Sacramento
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 26, 2009
      Hello All,
      My interests are beginning to lean toward illumination and as a Japanese
      persona, of course, I'm interested in Japanese illumination styles.
      Does anyone know of some good online sources for Japanese scroll
      examples? Any examples of Japanese-style scrolls done by folks in the
      SCA would be extra-helpful. I've had a hard time locating any.

      Arigato,
      Yukiko Hosokawa

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 7, 2009

        The large character is "Love," the characters at the right spell out my name in kanji, Saionji Hanae. The date (2009) and Richard's chop are at the bottom left.

        A treasure for a treasure. Congratulations! Ki no Izumi