Re: [SCA-JML] Re: On installing Japanese character sets

  • Albrecht Waldfurster
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 20, 2009
      Octavian Silvermoon wrote:
      > Greetings all,
      >
      > Mundanely I do tech support on computers, and given my fascination
      > for the Japanese culture and language, I always have Japanese support
      > enabled. With Windows XP it is actually REAL easy. You will need
      > your Windows disc though.

      The Wikipedia Help page at
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Installing_Japanese_character_sets>
      provides information about enabling Japanese language support in Windows
      XP *without* the Windows CD-ROM.

      > 1. Go to Start [[ Menu -> Control Panels -> Regional and Language
      > Options ]]. 2. Click on 'Keyboards and Languages
      >
      > In Windows XP, you can click on the checkbox for 'Enable Support for
      > East Asian Languages'. In Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can click
      > on 'Change keyboards...' and then enable Japanese, but the support is
      > automatically installed. (At least as of Windows 7... I've been using
      > that since January so I don't recall in Vista...).

      The support is in place in Windows Vista; the Wikipedia Help page
      asserts that and my own experience confirms it.

      Mori Michimori