Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Introduction

    Message 1 of 136 , Aug 12, 2009

      > I have a concern about my short, red hair.
      Don't worry about it. Some folks buy wigs, but you need not worry
      about your hair. You will run across all sorts of people who do not
      conform to physical stereotypes for their culture of interest. Just
      last week, I attended a delightful class about T'ang dynasty makeup
      taught by someone who is mundanely and African American. I've run
      across African American Celts, Vikings, Normans, &c in the Society
      and even one Afro-Canadian who pioneered study of sub-Saharan African
      women in pre-modern Europe. I'm still waiting for blond haired blue
      eyed folks to decide that the Central African Kingdom or the Upper
      Nile Egyptian Dynasties are really really interesting. However, even
      that may change what with there being a Kenyan-American president in
      the White House.

    • Robert Shroyer
      Message 136 of 136 , Dec 11, 2011
        Did you want woodblock information? Fort Wayne public library used to have a treasure trove on the subject.

        Hiroda Ujio

        Sent from my iPhone