Re: Introduction

    Message 1 of 136 , Aug 12, 2009
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle" <michelle_bailey@...> wrote:

      > My name is Michelle. I reside in the kingdom of Atenveldt and the Barony of Tir Ysgithr.

      Welcome!

      > I'm supposing that a good place to start would be deciding on a name and making a basic outfit.

      If you want to do a basic Kamakura court look, particularly for summer, you need a white kosode, scarlet nagabakama, hitoe (unlined under-robe) and an uchigi (over robe) in "summer" colors.

      http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/wayou/8.htm and
      http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/wayou/9.htm show what it would look like.

      Here's my page on a winter ensemble: http://www.wodefordhall.com/display.htm Robe dimensions are here:
      http://wodefordhall.com/heian.htm

      There's a nagabakama pattern at http://www.geocities.com/anne_liese_w/Japanese/japmake.htm

      Be sure to visit the Links and Files sections at our group home if you haven't already done so.

    • Robert Shroyer
      Message 136 of 136 , Dec 11, 2011
        Did you want woodblock information? Fort Wayne public library used to have a treasure trove on the subject.

        Hiroda Ujio

        Sent from my iPhone