Re: [SCA-JML] Question on household

  • Bryant Richards
    Message 1 of 57 , Jul 3, 2009
      ok I think everyone answered what I need to know. Registering the household name is more or less a personal choice and wouldn't really change things much as far as how the SCA sees our household. That it may be easier to not register it, especially if we really like the name we have and cannot find any proof that it would have been a clan/guild/etc name in period.

      And if one day we become large, say like Shadow Legion (for those who know who they are) we can always revisit the idea of registering if we want.

      Does anyone happen to know off hand of a period Japanese guild/school/troupe, etc that named themselves after a skill or technique? Like "The naginata masters" or the "rice planters guild" or "school of the iron palm". I just figure if I can show that groups named themselves after skills or techniques then I should be able to get "Blood-sling household" a good shot.

      In Honor and Service,
      Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu

      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 13, 2009
        Of possible interest is the film "Life of Oharu (Saikaku ichidai onna)." It unfortunately is not currently available on DVD, but you may be able to rent the VHS version.

        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045112/

        If you aren't weeping copiously into your sleeves over this one you have no soul.