Re: [SCA-JML] Question on household

  • Anthony Bryant
    Message 1 of 57 , Jul 3, 2009
      On Jul 3, 2009, at 2:03 PM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

      > You're probably correct...in fact, I'm not even sure our household
      > name
      > is that of a clan...Inazuma!

      Good example. That would take some research to work on.

      There was a time in the CoA, back in the mists of antiquity (ah, we
      remember those days!) when if it wasn't a familiar European name, it
      either passed with no problem as no one knew anything, or it flunked
      outright, because no one knew anything. The level of scholarship was
      very erratic.

      Kinda funny how both sides of the coin went for the same reason.

      It almost turned me to drink once or twice. :)

      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 13, 2009
        Of possible interest is the film "Life of Oharu (Saikaku ichidai onna)." It unfortunately is not currently available on DVD, but you may be able to rent the VHS version.

        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045112/

        If you aren't weeping copiously into your sleeves over this one you have no soul.