Re: Known World Handbook project update

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 2 10:01 PM
      > Also, it would be rather longer than you might imagine. Take a look
      > at Baron Edward's Miscellany. He has revised it at least once and he
      > never claims that it does much more than scratch the surface.

      My own humble shack on the internet comprises my projects and research over the course of about five years in my copious spare time, because I do work for a living to support what is ultimately only a hobby. I know how much time and work I've put in on it - and I've put even shallower scratches in the surface than Effingham-sensei has.

      I pay an annual fee to an ISP to maintain Wodeford Hall because I outgrew the free features of Geocities and its limited bandwidth shortly after people found out I was writing about my projects. I'm certain Effingham-sensei also pays for his webspace, which, BTW, already contains a significant number of the items on the wish list originally posted by Sara-hime.

      If you've never done this sort of thing, you should try picking a single topic, researching it and writing an article. It'll give you an idea what a project like this could entail.

      YahooGroups is by no means perfect, but we can use it without having to pay any fees. A copy of the current, un-updated Known World Handbook will cost you $16.00.

      BTW, there's no law against printing out copies of things you find on the internet that you want to keep. I have a couple of binders full of stuff I'm glad I did that with in the event the website became inactive. I also have image-files saved in my Photos folder on my computer (and backed up to CD).

      Saionji no Hanae
      Advocate's Devil
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 3 10:00 AM

        > BTW, there's no law against printing out copies of things you find
        > on the internet that you want to keep. I have a couple of binders
        > full of stuff I'm glad I did that with in the event the website
        > became inactive. I also have image-files saved in my Photos folder
        > on my computer (and backed up to CD).
        I'm pretty sure that this is correct for the United States of
        America, but I suspect that it may not be true in other jurisdictions.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 3 10:11 AM

          > I'm pretty sure that this is correct for the United States of
          > America, but I suspect that it may not be true in other jurisdictions.

          (Sighs heavily and reminds one of a discussion she knows one was already involved in.)
          http://tousando.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3054