Re: [SCA-JML] A question...

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1, 2009

      > Wonder if anyone could do a "kosode 101" class thing on Youtube? I
      > think it would help alot, especially if it can be shown on a very
      > step by step process (how to measure yourself for it, cutting the
      > fabric, etc). From what I can tell if you can learn the kosode you
      > can do alot more garb. Seems there a a few Japanese garbs that is
      > little more than a variation on the kosode (I know it is more
      > complicated than that but you know what I mean)
      While some measuring is useful, you should not imagine that kosode
      are "fitted" or "cut to fit". Rather, a lot of the "fitting" is done
      while you put on wafuku (Japanese clothing). I am told that the same
      is true for Turkish clothing. The reason for measurement is to make
      sure that the thing is not too big and not too small with a LOT of
      leeway in both directions, not that it "fits".