Re: [SCA-JML] Re: was Shiremates... now shorts

  • Bryant Richards
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 11, 2009
      >You might be interested that short hakama are in fact period.
      Thank you, I will have to look into that. It does help that carrying a fan was period as well :)

      In Honor and Service,
      Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu

      From: Bryant Richards <ninjalikereflex@ yahoo.com>
      I just wanted something Japanese I could wear about at night, like the Japanese version of shorts and a tshirt.

      Uesugi-dono -

      You might be interested that short hakama are in fact period.
      See this picture from the Kyoto costume museum:
      http://www.iz2 or.jp/english/ fukusyoku/ busou/16. htm

      If your garb is too hot, it might be the fabric content. 100% linen is probably the coolest way to go, and it is very close to the hemp fabric that was used at the time. It can be pricey, but is very durable.

      Ki no Izumi