Re: [SCA-JML] Re:Castella

  • Sonny Scott
    Message 1 of 70 , Jun 4, 2009
      Two pounds of sugar, 3 pounds of flour, a dish of butter and 24 eggs. That's one heck of a pan...

      I'm also reminded of the ladies that made bread in the outdoor oven in the period area of Gulf Wars this year.. No temperature control there either.

    • brothervalarien
      Message 70 of 70 , Jun 8, 2009
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, the.lady.phoenix@... wrote:

        > sorry I have to ask, some call it a book, and others a pamphlet, which
        > is it? I have little problem (other then finding the money) for
        > paying $40+ for a refrence book, that is typical for a lot of books
        > students buy for their classes (on the low end) and then use over and

        Solvieg's "pamphlet" is between an inch and a half and two inches thick. she understates herself when she calls it such, but I suppose it is her way of not being boastful about it.

        I have a copy of it. I tend to get a headache when trying to read it. currently it is on loan to a father/son pair in my area, though I must soon reclaim it and get my own name registered.

        despite it being a li'l difficult for a non-scholarly type like me to read and understand, it is an incredible resource. it is depressing though that I find myself wishing I had a translation into common HS graduates English<G>

        Ishikawa Yoshimasa