Re: [SCA-JML] Fight for you right to say "no"

    Message 1 of 70 , Jun 1 10:29 AM

      > Just to add to this, I have found a recipe for a honey cake that is
      > said to have been derived from the honey cake brought to Japan by
      > the Spainish explorers in that time period. All I have is the
      > recipe, I'll try and remember where I got it so other can read the
      > part of it being from that same time period. FYI I haven't been
      > able to get the recipe to work. This is very odd for me cause
      > thats what I went to school for, cooking. Well one of the reasons
      > I went to school for anyway.

      That is most likely castella (sp).

      > Thank you. I did this. The library gave me a form to fill out and
      > so I did. We shall see what happens. They did tell me I cuoldn't
      > leave the library with it, so looks like I will be taking notes
      > like mad lol.

      They will probably get the 1st edition of the thing some early
      printings of which were full of misprints, missing sections, &c. This
      is what comes from being your own copy editor. Hopefully, you will
      get either a later printing or better yet, the revised edition which
      has a blue cover. The very first printing was even mis-bound by the
      printer.

    • brothervalarien
      Message 70 of 70 , Jun 8 11:29 AM
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, the.lady.phoenix@... wrote:

        > sorry I have to ask, some call it a book, and others a pamphlet, which
        > is it? I have little problem (other then finding the money) for
        > paying $40+ for a refrence book, that is typical for a lot of books
        > students buy for their classes (on the low end) and then use over and

        Solvieg's "pamphlet" is between an inch and a half and two inches thick. she understates herself when she calls it such, but I suppose it is her way of not being boastful about it.

        I have a copy of it. I tend to get a headache when trying to read it. currently it is on loan to a father/son pair in my area, though I must soon reclaim it and get my own name registered.

        despite it being a li'l difficult for a non-scholarly type like me to read and understand, it is an incredible resource. it is depressing though that I find myself wishing I had a translation into common HS graduates English<G>

        Ishikawa Yoshimasa