Re: [SCA-JML] Re: ichime gasa and suge gasa

  • Bryant Richards
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2009
      You can also try these places:

      http://www.broadwaycostumes.com/sef_pages/H_14280_Coolie_Hat.htm (this one is only $3)

      and remember most stores are going to assume that the average person doesn't know what a gasa is so they will label their hats as "Japanese straw hat", "Asian straw hat" etc, even "Coolie Hat" as derogatory as that is (thats actually how I found mine). Also can try just regular straw hat companies they usualy have a "Asian" style or two. Also try variations on the name. Instead of Gasa try Kasa. Or search with the kana かさ (kasa)
      I have better luck with Kasa because:
      Kasa かさ: (n) (1) conical hat (East-Asian style), coolie hat, (2) something shaped like a conical hat, shade (of a lamp)
      And with Gasa I get things like:
      (adv-to) (on-mim) with a swoosh, at one fell swoop
      (adj-na) crude, ill-mannered
      (n) swimming crab (Portunus trituberculatus)

      Hope this helps at least a little, and yes I know it may not be exactly the style you are looking for but this should atleast help you find what you are looking for

      In Honor and Service,
      Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu