RE: [SCA-JML] Armor

  • Shefferly, Charles
    Message 1 of 63 , May 4, 2009
      The ONLY place I've ever see this rule, is for a CROWN List. It's nice
      to cover up the "blatantly" modern equipment, but if you can't tell
      unless you are closer than 10ft, you should be good to go.

      ________________________________

      From: Bryant Richards <ninjalikereflex@...
      <mailto:ninjalikereflex%40yahoo.com> >
      Subject: [SCA-JML] Armor
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com <mailto:sca-jml%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, May 4, 2009, 4:43 AM

      I have decided I am going to be making my own armor using the guide on
      sengokudaimyo. com but I have a question first. See I am going to be
      making mine out of plastic for a number of reasons. I haven't decided if
      I will be using ABS or HDPE, but that's not the question I have (since I
      will most likely be using ABS since I know a supplier that sells it by
      the sheet). Here is my question:

      I have seen many pages saying "Plastic armor must be covered because it
      is not period". I have even seen this rule put to use in combat when a
      friend of mine put on his "bucket" armor. He had to borrow a tabbard
      from our shire to be able to fight. Now while looking up SCA Japanese
      armor I have seen many people say that this plastic must be covered rule
      doesn't apply to Samurai Armor. Does anyone know if there is an official
      rule one way or another on this subject and where I can find it? I would
      hate to put this armor together to be told by a marshal I have to cover
      it all up. I know alot of you will probably say "make it out of leather
      or metal and you don't have to worry about it" Lets just say for the
      sake of argument that leather and metal are out of the question for me.

      Wow I really didn't mean for a simple question to become a paragraph.

      In Honor and Service,

      Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu

      **********************
      ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
      **********************

      This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
      legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
      information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
      or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
      this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
      hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
      or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
      prohibited. If you have received this message in
      error, please immediately notify the sender and
      delete this E-mail message from your computer.

    • Jim Bryant
      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 7, 2013
        Greetings,
        Does anyone know of, or can recommend an armorer for Japanese armor? I am a cross country truck driver and do not have room in my truck for the materials or tools needed to make my own.
        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android