Re: [SCA-JML] Legit names

  • Rich Goble
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11 2:04 PM
      Most of us use Effingham-sensei's website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/names.html

      If you want to do one better yet and learn etiquette, modes of address, Japanese heraldry, etc as well, use this page: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/miscellany.html

      - Imagawa Tadamori

      --- On Fri, 4/10/09, Jason <that_kappa@...> wrote:

      From: Jason <that_kappa@...>
      Subject: [SCA-JML] Legit names
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 10, 2009, 4:03 PM

      Greetings,
      When constructing a name, where do you begin? I have read so many web site articles and posts and various thing on Japanese names that I think I may be confusing the situation. Is there a set rule on names? I do not wish to appear foolish and wind up with a name that is actually someones grocery list. Thank you for indulging a rookie.

    • Jason Marable
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12 11:29 AM
        Many thanks, I will put this info to good use. Out of curiosity, are there any members of this group located in the great state of Maine? I seem to be alone in my study of Japanese culture and history up here. Thanks
                                                            Jason