Legit names

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2009
      Greetings,
      When constructing a name, where do you begin? I have read so many web site articles and posts and various thing on Japanese names that I think I may be confusing the situation. Is there a set rule on names? I do not wish to appear foolish and wind up with a name that is actually someones grocery list. Thank you for indulging a rookie.
    • Rich Goble
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009
        Most of us use Effingham-sensei's website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/names.html

        If you want to do one better yet and learn etiquette, modes of address, Japanese heraldry, etc as well, use this page: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/miscellany.html

        - Imagawa Tadamori

        When constructing a name, where do you begin? I have read so many web site articles and posts and various thing on Japanese names that I think I may be confusing the situation. Is there a set rule on names? I do not wish to appear foolish and wind up with a name that is actually someones grocery list. Thank you for indulging a rookie.

      • Jason Marable
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2009
          Many thanks, I will put this info to good use. Out of curiosity, are there any members of this group located in the great state of Maine? I seem to be alone in my study of Japanese culture and history up here. Thanks
                                                              Jason