excuse me, just a notice about Pennsic

  • Anthea
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2009
      hello, I'm not a Japanese persona, so I will be unsubscribing, but I
      am hoping to find some interest for this new show at Pennsic this
      year. My contact info is included below:

      This is an early notice as we're still waiting on schedule confirmation -
      We're looking for performers!

      Sadika al Masri and I would like to host a "Folkloric Dance Show" at
      Pennsic this year (in the Ampitheatre or Performing Arts Tent). Our
      hope is to stimulate more interest in historic representations of dance.

      We're hoping that in addition to traditional Middle Eastern folkloric
      dances like Tunisian, Debke, Oulid Nail, Ghawazee, Tahktib, there'll
      also be performers from other cultures - Japanese, Indian, Central
      Asian, etc.

      True to the SCA ideal, a "reasonable attempt" at authentic re-creation
      (of garb, persona, and dance style) is expected; documentation is
      encouraged but not required. We WOULD like written background
      information on the performance so we can read it before your performance.

      We're not authenticity police--modern renditions of folkloric dance is
      OK--we know documenting dance in period is not easy so we are relaxed
      about this. We're just looking for a "reasonable attempt" -

      So, if you're interested in doing a performance of staged
      ethnic/folkloric dance from ANY non-European culture, in close
      approximation of SCA-period garb and style, to live OR recorded music,
      please contact me here or at
      anthea at kawakib.com

      *If you have any contact info for other cultural groups I'd appreciate
      it!*
      Thank you so much,
      Atesh