Re: 1600 clothing?

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 10, 2009
      wrote:
      > The real problem with this image is that it does not appear to
      > portray all twelve months as the title suggests that it does. There
      > appear to be about three activities going on in the picture. Also, I
      > am not convinced that we see much diversity in social class.

      I believe I posted a link to the first detail shot in a series, so
      that folks could explore the entire set. There are multiple photos at
      the Tokyo National Museum website of the entire screen, which DOES
      include year round scenes of everything from peasants transplanting
      rice to power-shopping in a kosode shop to rolling snowballs and
      cherry blossom viewing.

      Saionji no Not Making This Up
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 10, 2009

        Saionji hime wrote:
        > I believe I posted a link to the first detail shot in a series,
        I fear that I wasn't bright enough to follow the link up. Here is the
        link for the whole series:
        http://www.tnm.go.jp/en/servlet/Con?
        &pageId=E16&processId=02&col_id=A11090&ref=2&Q1=&Q2=&Q3=&Q4=11%5B34%
        5D_____4181_&Q5=&F1=&F2=

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 10, 2009

          Saionji hime wrote:
          > I believe I posted a link to the first detail shot in a series,
          I fear that I wasn't bright enough to follow the link up. Here is the
          link for the whole series:
          http://www.tnm.go.jp/en/servlet/Con?
          &pageId=E16&processId=02&col_id=A11090&ref=2&Q1=&Q2=&Q3=&Q4=11%5B34%
          5D_____4181_&Q5=&F1=&F2=

          I'm trying this again. The first time the active link didn't work.
          However, if you cut and paste the url, it does come up. I'm trying it
          again to see whether I can get the active link to work this time.

          Links