Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Mongolian boots available at Estrella

  • Adam MacDonald
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
      Gunaydin, arkadashlarim!

      Iskander here - the fellow who p[osted the boots on my LiveJournal.

      There are pictures at the original link of 5 pairs of boots - 2 pairs of
      which are mine (MINEMINEMINE - you no can haz!) the other three pairs are
      immediate available - all are sized women's 6.5 -7. These were boots that
      for whatever reason didn't fit the intended purchaser the first time around.

      Part of the initial issue was getting the craftspeople in Mongolia more
      familiar with North American sizing and expectations. My SCA household and
      close associates were the guinea pigs for this initial phase, so other
      people would have a more streamlined experience.

      BTW, Mary Ann is known as Mistress Cristobal degli Glicini che Mangia Uome,
      OL - Caid in the SCA...

      Be well,
      Iskander Kurdji - that damn Turk

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Adam MacDonald"
        <caid.court.musician@...> wrote:
        > There are pictures at the original link of 5 pairs of boots - 2
        pairs of
        > which are mine (MINEMINEMINE - you no can haz!)

        Heh. As if they would fit mere mortals of normal stature.

        > Part of the initial issue was getting the craftspeople in Mongolia more
        > familiar with North American sizing and expectations.

        Perhaps a foot tracing along with a circumference measurement at the
        widest part of the calf might be a good idea to send along with one's
        order.

      • Elaine Koogler
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
          Thanks for your information, my Lord. I sent a message to Mistress
          Cristobal asking if the boots could be ordered in different colors and
          sizes. Also, I wondered what the price would be. I'm considering
          ordering 2 pairs, one in a 6.5 - 7 in red and a second for a man, size
          12, probably either black or brown.

          Thanks!

          Kiri

        • sekinakagawa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
            Those are veryyyyyyyy prettyyyyyyy!

            -Sukeie

            To ask a question may be a moments's shame,
            But not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

          • JL Badgley
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
              You know, I've been meaning to get some of these for some time. They
              very much remind me of some of the early Japanese boots (considering
              the source, I'm not surprised), and I've been thinking about asking if
              I could get some that were a bit lower than those shown.

              -Ii

            • sekinakagawa@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2009
                I am a bit slow, but I would have to agree those are funny.

                -Sukeie

                but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5, 2009
                  --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Leonora Radovcic" <Lightpaws@...> wrote:
                  Just wanted to thank you for
                  > the good chuckle. I quite enjoyed them. =D

                  You are most welcome.

                  She Who Is VERY Easily Amused.