Re: Mongolian boots available at Estrella

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@...> wrote:

      > Great, because I can't be at Estrella, so would need to order them from
      > her, if she's willing. I'm especially interested because her price
      is a
      > lot more affordable that the ones I had seen elsewhere.

      I know the merchant and she is reputable. She had a booth at Great
      Western War last October, called Cok Guzel, and her Near Eastern
      merchandise is top drawer.

      Saionji no Stimulatin' The Economy
      West Kingdom
    • Leonora Radovcic
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
        Greetings, Saionji-hime,

        No relavant to the subject at hand on this list, but I've been meaning
        to tell you that the way you've been signing your name at the end of
        your posts have been creative and funny. Just wanted to thank you for
        the good chuckle. I quite enjoyed them. =D

        Branimira
        East Kingdom

        > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Great, because I can't be at Estrella, so would need to order them
        from
        > > her, if she's willing. I'm especially interested because her price
        > is a
        > > lot more affordable that the ones I had seen elsewhere.
        >
        > I know the merchant and she is reputable. She had a booth at Great
        > Western War last October, called Cok Guzel, and her Near Eastern
        > merchandise is top drawer.
        >
        > Saionji no Stimulatin' The Economy
        > West Kingdom

      • Adam MacDonald
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
          Gunaydin, arkadashlarim!

          Iskander here - the fellow who p[osted the boots on my LiveJournal.

          There are pictures at the original link of 5 pairs of boots - 2 pairs of
          which are mine (MINEMINEMINE - you no can haz!) the other three pairs are
          immediate available - all are sized women's 6.5 -7. These were boots that
          for whatever reason didn't fit the intended purchaser the first time around.

          Part of the initial issue was getting the craftspeople in Mongolia more
          familiar with North American sizing and expectations. My SCA household and
          close associates were the guinea pigs for this initial phase, so other
          people would have a more streamlined experience.

          BTW, Mary Ann is known as Mistress Cristobal degli Glicini che Mangia Uome,
          OL - Caid in the SCA...

          Be well,
          Iskander Kurdji - that damn Turk

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Adam MacDonald"
            <caid.court.musician@...> wrote:
            > There are pictures at the original link of 5 pairs of boots - 2
            pairs of
            > which are mine (MINEMINEMINE - you no can haz!)

            Heh. As if they would fit mere mortals of normal stature.

            > Part of the initial issue was getting the craftspeople in Mongolia more
            > familiar with North American sizing and expectations.

            Perhaps a foot tracing along with a circumference measurement at the
            widest part of the calf might be a good idea to send along with one's
            order.

          • Elaine Koogler
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
              Thanks for your information, my Lord. I sent a message to Mistress
              Cristobal asking if the boots could be ordered in different colors and
              sizes. Also, I wondered what the price would be. I'm considering
              ordering 2 pairs, one in a 6.5 - 7 in red and a second for a man, size
              12, probably either black or brown.

              Thanks!

              Kiri

            • sekinakagawa@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
                Those are veryyyyyyyy prettyyyyyyy!

                -Sukeie

                To ask a question may be a moments's shame,
                But not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

              • JL Badgley
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
                  You know, I've been meaning to get some of these for some time. They
                  very much remind me of some of the early Japanese boots (considering
                  the source, I'm not surprised), and I've been thinking about asking if
                  I could get some that were a bit lower than those shown.

                  -Ii

                • sekinakagawa@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 5, 2009
                    I am a bit slow, but I would have to agree those are funny.

                    -Sukeie

                    but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 5, 2009
                      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Leonora Radovcic" <Lightpaws@...> wrote:
                      Just wanted to thank you for
                      > the good chuckle. I quite enjoyed them. =D

                      You are most welcome.

                      She Who Is VERY Easily Amused.