Re: Mongolian boots available at Estrella

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@...> wrote:

      > Do you know if the boots are available in red for women...or if they
      are
      > available for men?

      She can order custom sizes in a variety of colors, those are just the
      pairs she will have at Estrella. I suggest you email her at the
      address provided if you want more specific information.

    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
        Great, because I can't be at Estrella, so would need to order them from
        her, if she's willing. I'm especially interested because her price is a
        lot more affordable that the ones I had seen elsewhere.

        Thanks for your help!

        Kiri

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@...> wrote:

          > Great, because I can't be at Estrella, so would need to order them from
          > her, if she's willing. I'm especially interested because her price
          is a
          > lot more affordable that the ones I had seen elsewhere.

          I know the merchant and she is reputable. She had a booth at Great
          Western War last October, called Cok Guzel, and her Near Eastern
          merchandise is top drawer.

          Saionji no Stimulatin' The Economy
          West Kingdom
        • Leonora Radovcic
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
            Greetings, Saionji-hime,

            No relavant to the subject at hand on this list, but I've been meaning
            to tell you that the way you've been signing your name at the end of
            your posts have been creative and funny. Just wanted to thank you for
            the good chuckle. I quite enjoyed them. =D

            Branimira
            East Kingdom

            > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Great, because I can't be at Estrella, so would need to order them
            from
            > > her, if she's willing. I'm especially interested because her price
            > is a
            > > lot more affordable that the ones I had seen elsewhere.
            >
            > I know the merchant and she is reputable. She had a booth at Great
            > Western War last October, called Cok Guzel, and her Near Eastern
            > merchandise is top drawer.
            >
            > Saionji no Stimulatin' The Economy
            > West Kingdom

          • Adam MacDonald
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
              Gunaydin, arkadashlarim!

              Iskander here - the fellow who p[osted the boots on my LiveJournal.

              There are pictures at the original link of 5 pairs of boots - 2 pairs of
              which are mine (MINEMINEMINE - you no can haz!) the other three pairs are
              immediate available - all are sized women's 6.5 -7. These were boots that
              for whatever reason didn't fit the intended purchaser the first time around.

              Part of the initial issue was getting the craftspeople in Mongolia more
              familiar with North American sizing and expectations. My SCA household and
              close associates were the guinea pigs for this initial phase, so other
              people would have a more streamlined experience.

              BTW, Mary Ann is known as Mistress Cristobal degli Glicini che Mangia Uome,
              OL - Caid in the SCA...

              Be well,
              Iskander Kurdji - that damn Turk

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Adam MacDonald"
                <caid.court.musician@...> wrote:
                > There are pictures at the original link of 5 pairs of boots - 2
                pairs of
                > which are mine (MINEMINEMINE - you no can haz!)

                Heh. As if they would fit mere mortals of normal stature.

                > Part of the initial issue was getting the craftspeople in Mongolia more
                > familiar with North American sizing and expectations.

                Perhaps a foot tracing along with a circumference measurement at the
                widest part of the calf might be a good idea to send along with one's
                order.

              • Elaine Koogler
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
                  Thanks for your information, my Lord. I sent a message to Mistress
                  Cristobal asking if the boots could be ordered in different colors and
                  sizes. Also, I wondered what the price would be. I'm considering
                  ordering 2 pairs, one in a 6.5 - 7 in red and a second for a man, size
                  12, probably either black or brown.

                  Thanks!

                  Kiri

                • sekinakagawa@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
                    Those are veryyyyyyyy prettyyyyyyy!

                    -Sukeie

                    To ask a question may be a moments's shame,
                    But not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

                  • JL Badgley
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 3, 2009
                      You know, I've been meaning to get some of these for some time. They
                      very much remind me of some of the early Japanese boots (considering
                      the source, I'm not surprised), and I've been thinking about asking if
                      I could get some that were a bit lower than those shown.

                      -Ii

                    • sekinakagawa@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 5, 2009
                        I am a bit slow, but I would have to agree those are funny.

                        -Sukeie

                        but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 5, 2009
                          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Leonora Radovcic" <Lightpaws@...> wrote:
                          Just wanted to thank you for
                          > the good chuckle. I quite enjoyed them. =D

                          You are most welcome.

                          She Who Is VERY Easily Amused.