Reminder: Estrella War Doings

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2009
      First of all, Rising Sun Encampment will be hosting a Beginner taiko
      workshop.
      Class Description:: This class is intended as a hands-on introduction
      to the rhythms of traditional Japanese drumming. Take one session or
      all three to hone your drumming skills. Drums and sticks are provided.
      Class Limit: 6
      Class Fee: $10 for 3 classes
      Time: 4 PM, Thursday, Friday and Saturday of war.

      For a look at the drums students will be using, go here:
      http://www.wodefordhall.com/taiko2.htm

      Secondly, Rising Sun will celebrate the Year of The Ox on Thursday
      evening at 7:30 PM with sake and other treats. We hope to see some of
      you there.

      Rising Sun is a group of Asian personae from various parts of the
      Known World, united in friendship and common interest. We are the
      grateful guests of the Barony of Atenveldt and can be identified by
      our distinctive gate. As soon as I have more details on the location
      of our camp, I will post them here. Worst case scenario: maps to our
      camp will be available from the Arts & Sciences Collegium, next to the
      Grand Court Pavilion.