this needs to be on every site and book the sca has...just an idea

  • Jeanel Walker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2009
      "To quote the Man of La Mancha:

      To dream the impossible dream

      To fight the unbeatable foe

      To bear with unbearable sorrow

      To run where the brave dare not go

      When we follow our dream, we do this, and more, in pursuit of it. And

      in the SCA, we do 'follow the dream.' We are not mindlessly re-

      creating a battle won and/or lost centuries ago. We do not blindly

      follow a set of directions. Each of us is free to pursue that dream

      in our own way, and somehow--I don't know how--it works! What court

      would have had the cultural diversity that one may see at any given

      SCA event? Garb spans the centuries and even across the continents!

      An Elizabethan lady may sit next to a barbarian during court.

      Japanese warriors fight Saxons on the field of honor. Where in

      history is that? We follow this dream because there is something in

      each of us that longs for the days of chivalry. A place where a lady

      is treated like a precious flower. A place where we swear fealty not

      only to a king and queen, but to an ideal. And in this little world

      that we create, it transforms from an impossible dream to a possible

      dream.

      Sorcha inghean Domhnail"

      you cant say it any better ....and if you dont understand this ....then I really feel sorry for you.
      Change is in the heart... age is in the mind... Beauty and or truth is in the eye of the beholder....But Kindness is Eternal.
      Jeanel Walker